Home Forums Webmaklay Communication Tool – Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I have started working on php version up-gradation.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit, thank you for updates, please let us know when you come to a progress point so we can show it to finance to increase your payout.

Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello mark,

Currently there is a package (interspire email marketer) which is 6.1.3 version and it is not supported for php 8.0 . Please ask admin to take a look on it and suggest me about it .

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Nishit Shan.
    Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit we have checked and the server has been showing PHP 8:0 for the directory you are working on, you can now check the script what needs to be done to run on this version.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit how is all going, hope you are doing well and everything is going smooth. We have checked with finance they happy to increase your payout but they will check your job first. So do not worry all set.

More over i think there will be more jobs on the same project after this.
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

You can check, i am working on php version up-gradation. Finding script bug and fixing it. Because old version 5.6 was to old and many script behaviour been changed in new php version 8.0 , so it is taking time to find and fix the script.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hi Nishit we could see that site is not accessible now, yeah it is a bit of time to change some coding,
    will leave it to you and get back to you after sometime.
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

i am getting this below error:
    screen-shot (https://ibb.co/S5VRTyj)
    Your PHP installation does not have MySQL support. Please enable MySQL support in PHP or ask your web host to do so for you.

Your server handler have to enable or install php 8.0 supported mysql.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Nishit Shan.
    Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit (if you are Nishit) thank you for your message and question in #12174,
    it is a big surprising for us to hear this question from your as you ?sometime ago? was saying the resolution for the same question 😉

Anyway just letting you know that there is nothing to change / enable from the server side but is in the project PHP adaptation process such as changing extinction in the SQL DB.

So Nishit please ask Nishit ;)- how to do this as we have done multiple works regarding PHP upgrades and there is not much since on this. From our end please try to read this article link attached.
    https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php-mysqlnd/

Cheers

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit we hope everything is going smooth, we can see some progress on the task, looking forward to hearing back from you once done.

It is short hours day for us here will be in touch with you in about 24 hours.
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I did changes in script till login page now it is hard to change all the script and it will take lots of time to check every code of every page. From now you have to increase your budget according to the changes i will need to do.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello “Nishit” thank you for your message, in you #12179 we could not understand what changes have you made on the login page, it is not working, showing different and no loner allows us to login to the portal. Unfortunately we can not send this to the finance DPT for budget increase. Also as we warned that this task already takes too long time to complete and there is no progress found for the last 10 days.

Our strong believe is that’s because the developers swap on the project and that cause the time frame length increase dramatically affecting skills applied to the task assigned. Please read the following article for more info https://webmaklay.com/faq-items/budget-for-a-job/.

I would suggest to demonstrate any of the key factors that we could present to the finance DPT. At this stage we can not stress out the finance DPT for money without showing them any of the factors mentioned in the article above time or quality.

Please let us know if you experiencing any difficulties or may be get in touch with your colleagues who’s been already done such jobs in the past.

Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I’ve already mentioned that I need to make adjustments to the code and its functionality to align with the PHP 8.0 version. Notably, I’ve made modifications to 9 pages for only display login. Extending these modifications to the remaining tasks would require approximately minimum 80 hours of work. The associated cost would be based on this estimate.

FYI: This task is not same as excellent number’s PHP upgrade. On excellent numbers the communication tool is upgraded it self but on current scenario the whole functionality is depend on the plugin and refusing to update. and as i remember the upgrade process on Excellent Numbers took approx 1.5 months to complete.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit thank you for your message and more details, excellent numbers Nishit was doing upgrades with almost no downtimes and there were multiple PHP upgrades on that and other projects. I have reported your #12183 message to our colleagues and as planning and sales advised it is challenging their planning scope and jobs funding.

The team coming up with a counteroffers to you and suggesting to do the following as per your time frame statements in #12183. So what they say was – if it is a complex task for you to implement which already took more than a week and as per your message should take an other two weeks – the sales and planning keen to put this job under skills performance indicator test.

What it means is: – we will put this job on investigation based on your arguments which being sent to us continuously. In this case if you agree we will pick a developer from the HR employment pool and request same job for the less money as a trail project and that will outline our planning and finance projects budgeting scope.

A purpose of this trail to rectify the company budgeting team how accurate they are when budgeting various task for our jobs. All the trail results will be presented to you as a – Webmaklay long term employee and if the trail proves that you are right then we will review and re schedule our job’s budgeting strategy and your multiple statements conclusion.

Please let us know if you agree with this then we will need you to restore previous project files back to where it was when you started working on this project and we will put an trail developer on that and see how it all goes.

The trail offer set to not dismiss your position as we will still put you back on the same project but other jobs and if trailed developer will be successful we have got other jobs for such a person to do.

Please let us know you thoughts on that
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

As you are aware, the existing project is developed in version 5.6 and now you want to upgrade to version 8.0. In order to meet the requirements, we have to make lot of changes in the existing code which will consume min 80 hours.

We have notified you about the timeline well in advance. However, you were not ready to increase costing more than $ 70. We already spent 10 hours for this job.

As per your requirements, we are going to upload the old working files.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.