Home Forums Webmaklay Communication Tool – Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Support topics

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I need complete credentials to check this task like ftp.

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello mark,

Please elaborate the SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server
    advertised AUTH=PLAIN

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit, hope you have had a great week end,
    for #12151 are you able to create a FTP account from cPannel that access given to you?

for #12153 i guess the cron job connects to the email account bounce@webmaklay.dev via wrong port and this is why it causes Security Issue message. Could you please check the email connection server for bounce@webmak.. email if it uses right port?

Cheers

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

in addition to #12154 there is an othre email account on NHSDA communication tool which is info@webmaklay…. and it works well so i guess you can try to check if settings are the same

https://cloud.webmaklay.dev/inter/admin/index.php?Page=Settings&Tab=2

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

i discussed the new task about to upgrade the php version from 5.6 to 8.0 . And my finance team is saying the budget for this task is too less . Because it will take time to solve the error which i will get after upgrading the php version.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit thank you for your reply, the PHP upgrade is the same if you upgrade 7 to 8 or 5 to 8 the process is the same. Also while we do some testing and analyses on Voip and other project you can spent some time on communication-tool project and we not chasing you with time here. So there is no reasons to increase PHP upgrade budget.

The communication-tool script is similar as Excellent Numbers project and the good thing is that there is no API connectivity in here.

However since we are working with you for sometime, we value your opinion and i think we can ask finance for adding some more funds to your overall payout.
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

At this budget i can only upgrade the PHP version , if there will any error come after the version up-gradation that will be charged separately.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit thank you for your reply,
    we just a bit confused from your #12158 what do you mean by: – ” i can only upgrade PHP version …” this is the task about upgrade if you load PHP8 library you simply can not open the directory surely this budget set not for changing version from previous 5.6 to 8 but it has to be upgraded so we can work with this.

Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I am not getting what you exactly want to say.

I am saying the current version of your project is php5.6. When i will upgrade it then i am sure will get multiple syntax error and that error will take time to be fixed.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit, thank you for your updates and clarification,
    yes we understand that PHP upgrade take some time, we trust you to fix it.
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

I can fix it, but finance team is not agree to work with that budget.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello NIshit thank you for your message, for your #12162 please kindly read again #12157,
    let us see first what you have done and then we can evaluate your work, till now what we see is we spend all week just texting each other and as far as we understand there has not been any work done from Monday.

We spent already money for this week and you asking for more funds 😉
    Cheers

Nishit Shan
    Participant

Hello Mark,

Sorry, But i am waiting for your concrete reply on budget.

I will upgrade the php version from 5.6 to 8.0, but remember you have to check all current working functionality.

If the reason behind functionality stop working is small then i will fix it . In case if there will need to develop new code to tackle the functionality error then it will be consider as new task.

I will start working on php version up-gradation with your permission by Monday.

Mark Hanson
    Keymaster

Hello Nishit thank you for your message and worries about further upgrade works,
    as you worried about current work functionality i would suggest simply do all your work files backed up so you can look back to the scripts and see how it all worked and if it works as before.

Usually all developers aware about this process and we are sure you do too.
    Once it has been upgraded we will test functionality and if any issues will address to you accordingly.

The script same as Excellent Numbers so we believe you are aware about this already.
    As per budget discussion i would suggest the faster you do the more positive will be our conversation with finance.
    The more time we texting here the more money company spends of keeping you on this job. Consequently will be more harder to discuss about pay increase and further job for this project.

From my experience what i can see is that company always willing to respond to your increases as you help us for sometime and it gives us more flexibility to get more funds for your requests which is not usually happens with some other developers. So please start your work development and we see how it all goes and then will get back to this topic again.

Currently there is nothing to present to finance to negotiate.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.